Providing Personal Service For Clients Throughout Indiana
D. Michael Allen
Mike represents businesses and business owners in litigation, employment, and transactional matters. His clients regularly seek his assistance concerning business formation and governance, mergers and acquisitions, risk management, employment issues, intellectual property protection, contract preparation and negotiation, and dispute resolution.
No stranger to the courtroom, Mike has worked as a trial attorney for the majority of his career. He has handled all aspects of high-risk litigation cases for several small businesses and has tried a number of cases to verdict. He also tried several cases while in-house in the corporate law department of one of the nation's largest insurance companies. Mike is able to call upon his experience to help resolve his client's most difficult legal problems. More importantly, he is able to advise his clients on how to avoid having such problems in the first place. Mike is also a registered civil mediator.
Over the years, Mike has become a trusted advisor for many of his clients. As a business owner himself, Mike understands the day-to-day demands of running a small business and the need to balance caution with risk to achieve success. Because of this, his clients often ask him to serve as their outside general counsel and to provide them with a wide variety of legal and business guidance.
Mike enjoys the energy and enthusiasm associated with startup companies. In his free time, he works closely with several entrepreneurs developing new companies and establishing new lines of business. He also volunteers with student entrepreneur and technology groups and works as an organizer and host of local tech events.
- Business Law
- Transactional Matters
- California, 2004
- Indiana, 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2000
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2000
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2004
- Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. - 2000
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.A. - 1997
- Major: English
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member, 2000 to Present
- Monroe County Bar Association, Member, 2005 to Present
- Monroe County Bar Association, President, 2009-2011; Treasurer, 2007-2009
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member, 2010 to Present