Providing Personal Service For Clients Throughout Indiana
Kathryn M. Cimera
Kathryn Cimera represents employers and individuals in a wide range of employment matters, including employment discrimination actions, non-competition matters, wage and hour issues, as well as issues related to employer's retirement plans. Kathryn has significant experience representing clients in both State and Federal Courts, in mediation and arbitration, and matters pending before administrative agencies, including the Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the Indiana Civil Rights Commission.
Kathryn's practice includes providing advice to employers on various employment issues, including workplace investigations, disciplinary matters, leaves of absences, reductions in force, and policy and procedure review. Kathryn assists business leaders with negotiating contracts and managing outside vender agreements. She conducts trainings for managers and employees on work-place issues, including harassment. Kathryn also has experience with ERISA compliance and has advised board members and plan administrators on fiduciary obligations and board governance best practices.
Kathryn serves as an adjunct faculty member at Indiana University's O'Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs, teaching Employment Law for Human Resources Majors, and is a frequent speaker on employment law related topics.
Kathryn earned a Juris Doctorate from Pepperdine University School of Law. While in law school, she was a member of the Pepperdine Law Review, the Appellate Advocacy Team, and a recipient of the State Bar Foundation Exceptional Merit Scholarship. She earned a Bachelor of Arts in English and Political Science from Indiana University. Prior to attending law school, she served as a volunteer in Thailand with the United States Peace Corps.
- Employment Law
- Civil Litigation and Appeals
- Indiana, 2004
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- California, 1998
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- J.D. - 1998
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.A. - 1992
- Major: English & Political Science
- Indiana State Bar Association, 2004 to Present
- Indianapolis Bar Association, 2004 to Present
- Monroe County Bar Association, 2013 to Present
- IBF Community/Crisis Empowerment Committee, Present
- Legal Line Women's Fund OPTIONS Class 11
- Johnson County Community Foundation Scholarship Committee, 2015 to 2019
- Storytelling Arts of Indiana, Board Member, 2005 to 2010