Erick T. Gjerdingen is the Managing Partner of Mallor Grodner and represents individuals and organizations in a wide range of business law matters. Erick regularly represents clients in the purchase and sale of businesses and their assets, real estate transactions, complex commercial litigation and reorganization, high asset divorce cases, and state and federal appeals. He routinely serves as an outside general counsel to his clients as needs arise and enjoys learning the nuances of his clients' needs and business operations to tailor effective legal strategies and to assemble an effective and efficient team of professionals from across disciplines.
Erick's representative clients include Members of Congress; financial and financial services institutions; software and other technology providers; casinos, hotels, and tourist resorts; construction companies; airlines and related entities; breweries; liquidating trusts and creditors' committees; Ponzi-scheme victims and fraudulent transfer defendants; artists and athletes; high asset individuals and private clients; and non-profit and religious organizations. Also representing auto dealers, he is a member of the National Association of Dealer Counsel (NADC).
Erick is admitted in both Indiana and Nevada. He received his law degree from the University of Arizona's James E. Rogers College of Law and has additional degrees from Harvard University and Carleton College. Prior to becoming a lawyer, he served as a faculty member at a major public university in Thailand.
Erick serves as the President of the Board of Directors of BCT Management, Inc., a private nonprofit organization that manages the historic Buskirk-Chumley Theater, a performing arts center and downtown anchor in Bloomington currently celebrating its centennial.
- Business Law
- Civil Litigation and Appeals
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of Arizona College of Law, Tucson, Arizona
- Carleton College
- Harvard University, Harvard Divinity School
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America®: Ones to Watch, 2023 Edition, Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- National Association of Dealer Counsel