Geoffrey M. Grodner oversees the firm's business and professional practice services, including business formation, transactions, employment law and litigation. Geoff has been selected as an Indiana Super Lawyer in the area of business for fifteen years.
As part of his business practice, Geoff represents new and used automobile dealers in Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Kentucky, and Florida. He is recognized for his extensive knowledge of the auto business and is a member of the National Association of Dealer Counsel, an organization of attorneys that devote significant portions of their practice to representing dealers.
Also as part of his business practice, Geoff represents medical and other professionals on business matters including professional practice business planning, succession planning and acquisitions, sales and mergers.
Geoff brings to his practice a unique understanding of the problems and issues regularly faced by businesses and professional practices. He understands clients need aggressive representation, while at the same time seeking creative and cost effective resolutions. Geoff is adamant about the law firm providing quality legal services at every level and maintaining a high standard of client service.
Geoff is the former Counsel to the United States Senate Subcommittee on Constitutional Amendments. He has served on the Boards and as President of numerous not-for-profit organizations, including Indiana's Ivy Tech Community College, several arts organizations, and is frequently asked to provide legal advice to not-for-profits on business matters. Geoff has also frequently served as Chairperson or a member of the faculty for continuing legal education seminars, including master's series seminars for advanced practitioners.
Outside the practice of law, Geoff maintains a strong interest in motor vehicles, golf, and food. Geoff is an accomplished cook and is regularly involved in food activities and programs with professionals in the food world. Geoff has been married to Lorelei Meeker for over 40 years, they have an adult son and two dogs.
- Business Formation
- Automobile Dealership Law
- Professional Practice Law
- Business and Civil Litigation
- Employment Law and Litigation
- Indiana, 1975
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. - 1975
- Honors: cum laude
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.A. - 1972
- Indiana Super Lawyers, 2004, 2006-2019
Classes & Seminars
- Chair, The Lawyers Role Throughout the Life of an Indiana Business, 2007, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum
- Chair, 2007 Indiana Business Law Section, Fall Seminar
- Chair and Presenter, 2008 Indiana Business Law Section, Fall Seminar
- Community Involvement: Serve as Director, Board Member, & Counsel for various community organizations, including several arts organizations.
- City of Bloomington, Indiana
- ISU/May Insurance Agency
- Royal Auto Group
- Wininger/Stolberg Development Group
- Terry Lee Auto Group
- Indiana State Bar Association, Past Chair, Practice Management Committee
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Dealer Counsel
- Monroe County Bar Association, President, 2006