Andrew C. Mallor leads the firm's private client division, handling all legal needs of the firm's private clients, from complex matrimonial cases to wealth management and family wealth planning, and has been a leading family lawyer in Indiana for over 45 years. He is board certified in family law and is an acclaimed trial lawyer. By applying his many years of experience and his innate creativity to the issue at hand, Andy is often able to devise unique solutions to achieve his clients' objectives. His distinctive team approach in family law matters ensures both a quick response and a total focus on his clients' interests. Andy's family law clients know that they have not only Andy to call upon, but also the talented and dedicated members of his team. Andy truly enjoys getting to know his clients and their families and taking care of them is his highest priority.
Andy was an early advocate of the use of collaborative law techniques to resolve family law disputes in the most amicable and cost-effective way possible, and he has significant expertise in collaborative law. Having both trial law and collaborative law experience to draw upon, he is able to recommend the approach that will best meet his clients' needs. Andy enjoys teaching and is the chair of the annual Family Law Institute for ICLEF. He is the author of over 100 articles on family law and tax planning.
Andy received the highest honor bestowed by the Indiana University Maurer School of Law, when he was inducted into the Academy of Law Alumni Fellows, in 2022. He is the only person from Indiana ever selected by his peers to be a member of the American College of Family Trial Lawyers, a peer-reviewed organization of the top 100 family trial lawyers in the United States, and one of only two Indiana attorneys named to the 2020 Lawdragon 500 Leading Family Lawyers list of the nation's best attorneys for divorce.
In addition to family law matters such as adoption, divorce, matrimonial agreements, and child custody matters, Andy has significant expertise in matters involving wealth management, including trust and estate planning and probate matters, elder law, business succession planning, and premarital agreements. A business owner himself, Andy understands the ongoing needs of businesses and their owners.
Andy is married to his IU sweetheart and they have two children.
- Family Law
- High Asset Divorce and Custody Cases
- Estate Planning
- Business Planning
- Indiana, 1974
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1974
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. - 1974
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.A. - 1971
- Named to the Indiana Super Lawyers® list every year since its inception, in 2004; Top 50 Indiana Attorneys 2004-2014, 2021; Family Law 2004-2023
- Recognized by Best Lawyers®, Family Law 1989-2024; Family Law Mediation, 2021-2024
- 2022 Academy of Law Alumni Fellows Inductee, Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Named to the 2020 Lawdragon 500 Leading Family Lawyers list of the nation’s best attorneys for divorce
- First Indiana attorney inducted into the American College of Family Trial Lawyers, an organization of the top 100 family law lawyers from across the United States
- Member since 1984 of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, signifying that Andy is a leading practitioner in the field of family law
- Member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- AV® Preeminent™ (5.0 out of 5) rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- ICLEF Excellence in Continuing Legal Education Award, 2015
- 2007 Recipient of the Gale Phelps Award
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Family Law Specialist, Family Law Certification Board
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Marion County Bar Association
- Bloomington Association of Collaborative Professionals