Colleen M. Newbill
Colleen M. Newbill is an associate attorney assisting clients in business transactions, commercial litigation, and real estate matters. She also helps clients with data security and privacy issues. Her experience includes working with clients on compliance with regulations and laws such as the GDPR and CCPA, data breach recovery and prevention, and the creation and implementation of data privacy and security policies.
Colleen received her law degree from the Indiana University Maurer School of Law and her Master of Science in Cybersecurity Risk Management from Indiana University. Her studies focused on the intersection of privacy and security in business and criminal law. She is a published author regarding critical infrastructure and cyberattacks and she holds a CIPP/US certification from the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
While in law school, Colleen participated in moot court as well as the transactional drafting competition. She also served as the Executive Notes Editor for the Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies. Prior to joining Mallor Grodner, Colleen was a law clerk for the Monroe County Circuit Court and a legal extern for the Indiana Supreme Court.
- Business Law
- Real Estate
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- Indiana University
- Major: Cybersecurity Risk Management
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/US
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals