Elaina M. Sezer
Elaina ("Lainey") Sezer is an attorney in the firm's private client division. She primarily practices in family law, including divorce, child custody and support, premarital agreements, adoptions, guardianships, and paternity matters. Lainey is also a Registered Domestic Relations Mediator.
Lainey first joined Mallor Grodner in 2012 and has worked as an intern, legal assistant, paralegal, and law clerk. Ultimately, she returned to the firm to begin practicing law. Prior to rejoining the firm, Lainey worked as a law clerk for a federal magistrate, a research assistant for the University of Wyoming College of Law, a legal extern for a law firm in Wyoming, and has served in the military. Lainey finished the last year of her J.D. studies as a visiting student at IU Maurer School of Law and earned her degree, with Honors, from the University of Wyoming College of Law.
In addition to her work with Mallor Grodner LLP, Lainey serves on the Board of Directors for Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Central Indiana. A graduate of Bloomington High School North, Lainey grew up in the Bloomington community. While she has lived in multiple countries and states, Lainey and her husband returned to her roots in 2021 and are elated to call Bloomington home again.
- Family Law
- Domestic Relations Mediation
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- University of Wyoming, College of Law, Laramie, Wyoming
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Major: Psychology
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
Current Employment Position
- Registered Domestic Relations Mediator