Known as a thoughtful, determined problem-solver, committed to finding positive, constructive approaches for resolving family legal issues, Amy Stewart practices exclusively in the firm's family and matrimonial law division. She assists clients with a full range of family law matters, including separation and divorce, paternity, asset valuation, division and distribution, child custody, child support, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, cohabitation, and domestic partnership.
Amy brings to her clients a passion for designing creative out-of-court solutions, honed during more than 30 years of professional experience. Well-versed in each of the alternative legal processes available to families, Amy helps clients select the process that fits them best. She is a leader in Collaborative Practice in Indiana, and also serves clients as a perceptive and resourceful mediator and coach. Amy's dignified, discrete approach resonates well with her clientele, which includes business owners and professionals in the financial, legal, and medical fields, celebrities, professional athletes, and community leaders.
With her energy for problem solving, negotiation, and out-of-court settlement, Amy skillfully guides clients in identifying and achieving their interests and in maintaining healthy family relationships, protecting children from the harm of family conflict, and preserving wealth and assets from costly, prolonged litigation. While clients may begin a legal process in considerable distress, Amy's calm and grace, combined with her wisdom and experience, allows clients to honor their values and look forward to the future.
Before joining Mallor Grodner LLP in 2014, Amy was for several years a partner at a large Indianapolis law firm. Prior to her legal career, Amy had the opportunity to hold high-level positions in government and business. She credits that experience with teaching her the value of building trust and respect, even between adversaries; with broadening her perspective, beyond legally-based solutions; and with giving her an unshakable belief in the potential to improve people's lives. Amy is involved in her community and serves on the Board of Directors of Peace Learning Center.
- Family Law
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Valedictorian
- Indiana University, Indiana
- B.S. - 1986
- Honors: With High Distinction
- One of thirty professionals worldwide selected to participate in the inaugural International Academy of Collaborative Professionals’ Leadership Academy, 2013-2014
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Recognized by Best Lawyers®, Family Law 2013-2021; Collaborative Law– Family Law 2017-2021; 2020 Lawyer of the Year for Family Law, Indianapolis area
- Selected for inclusion in the Indiana Super Lawyers® Family Law, 2004-2009, 2018-2021 Top 25 Female Attorneys, 2006
- Sagamore of the Wabash, awarded by Governor Frank O’Bannon
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Bloomington Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Central Indiana Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Collaborative Solutions, Inc.