Lisa Anderson is a partner in the firm's private client division, concentrating her practice in family law matters.
Lisa has been practicing law since 2000 and the majority of her time in practice has been devoted to handling family law cases. Lisa began her legal practice in Columbus, Indiana, with Sharpnack Bigley LLP. There she initially handled many different types of cases, including family law, insurance defense, and general litigation cases. However, Lisa quickly realized that her true passion was in family law cases. As one of only a few female attorneys in Columbus, Lisa was approached often to handle family law cases by both men and women. In 2005, Lisa became a partner at Sharpnack Bigley LLP.
In July, 2006, Lisa began representing the State of Indiana and advocating on behalf of abused and neglected children. She was staff attorney for the Bartholomew County Department of Child Services from July, 2006 until March, 2008. While that work was rewarding, it did not allow Lisa the client contact that she enjoyed. In March, 2008, Lisa returned to the practice of family law with Andy Mallor and Kendra Gjerdingen.
Lisa is a Certified Family Law Specialist, as certified by the Family Law Certification Board, and a Registered Domestic Relations Mediator. She is able to assist with any family law matter, including divorce, child custody matters, adoption, guardianship, and children in need of services proceedings. Lisa has completed Parent Coordinator training and collaborative law training, and is a member of the Bloomington Association of Collaborative Professionals.
Lisa, her husband and their two children reside in Monroe County. Lisa is also active in the community, lending her services to several child-related organizations. She has served on the Board of Directors for the Boys & Girls Club of Bloomington, and previously served as President of the Board of Directors for Children, Incorporated. She also volunteers as a basketball and softball coach for the Richland Bean Blossom Youth Sports organization.
- Family Law
- Divorce and Custody Cases
- Guardianships and Adoptions
- Indiana, 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2000
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2000
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. - 2000
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.A. - 1996
- Recognized by Best Lawyers®, Family Law, 2023-2024; Family Law Mediation, 2024
- Board of Directors, Boys & Girls Club of Bloomington
- President, Board of Directors, Children, Incorporated
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Family Law Specialist, by the Family Law Certification Board
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Bloomington Association of Collaborative Professionals