Providing Personal Service For Clients Throughout Indiana
Carrie L. Batalon
Carrie is a partner at Mallor Grodner LLP. Her primary area of practice is family law, including divorce, post-divorce modification, child custody and support issues, premarital and post-marital agreements, adoptions, guardianships, jurisdictional/interstate issues, and paternity matters. Carrie has been a Certified Family Law Specialist, by the Family Law Certification Board, since 2011.
Carrie offers her clients the full range of legal process options. She appreciates that legal process, particularly related to the family, is frightening and stressful for the participants and believes that a good understanding of the process, the applicable law and what to expect diminishes the stress factor. As such, Carrie provides her clients with understanding of their options based on realistic expectations and compassionately addresses the sensitive aspects of each case.
As a seasoned trial attorney, Carrie provides strong advocacy for her clients in traditional divorce and post-divorce conflicts, including high asset and high conflict cases, when amicable resolution cannot be achieved. She is also a skilled and resourceful negotiator, guiding her clients through alternative dispute resolution processes including mediation and Collaborative Divorce. In addition to Carrie's comprehensive practice of family law, she continues to represent clients in civil litigation and landlord/tenant law.
A graduate of Bloomington High School South, Carrie is a long-term and active member of the community. She has previously served on the Board of Directors for the Monroe County Chapter of the American Red Cross and as a volunteer with the Girl Scouts of Central Indiana. Carrie presently serves on the Family Law Certification Board and the Family Law Council for the Family Law Section of the Indiana State Bar Association. She is also a volunteer attorney for Counsel in the Court and the Maurer School of Law Protective Order Project.
- Family Law
- Child Custody and Support Issues
- Guardianships and Paternity Matters
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Business and Civil Litigation
- Indiana, 1998
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Indiana, 1998
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1998
- Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. - 1998
- Indiana University, Kelley School of Business
- B.S. - 1993
- Major: Marketing
- Volunteer Attorney, Maurer School of Law Protective Order Project
- Volunteer Attorney, Counsel in the Court
- Volunteer Attorney, District 10 Pro Bono Project, Inc.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Family Law Specialist, Family Law Certification Board
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Monroe County Bar Association, Member
- Bloomington Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member